The annual seasonal flu shot is available to ALL MANITOBANS at no charge.
It will offer protection against three seasonal flu strains. However,
immunization is especially important for those at increased risk of serious
illness from the flu, their caregivers and close contacts. This includes:
• Seniors aged 65 years or older
• Residents of personal care homes & long-term care facilities
• Children six months to five years of age
• Those with chronic illness such as:
• Long-term aspirin therapy
• Kidney, heart or lung conditions
• An immune system weakened by disease or medical treatment
• A condition that makes it difficult to breathe
• Other chronic medical conditions (eg. Diabetes, mental disabilities)
• Pregnant women
• Health care workers and first responders
• Individuals of Aboriginal ancestry
• People who are severely overweight or obese
• Or as determined by your primary health care provider
If you are 65 or older or have a chronic illness, you should also get a pneumonia shot.
Click Here To View a Full Listing of Clinics in the Parkland Region
- Bring your Manitoba Health card and/or your Blue Immunization
- Wear short sleeves if possible.
*The PRHA has a Toll-Free number (1-877-279-7855) for up-to-date information on the Flu Shot Clinic schedules.
If you have specific questions about the flu shot, or if you wish to speak to a Registered Nurse, please contact Health Links/Info Santé at 1-888-315-9257.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT FLU CLINICS AT ELDERLY PERSONAL HOUSING (EPHs) PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICE
Central District – 638-2118 East District – 447-4080